Follow Me

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Hello Honey - Creative Card Chicks

 Hello, my friends. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. A week and a half ago a huge limb fell out of my pecan tree and took a few other limbs with it. Thankfully, it fell into the yard and did not hit anything except my little avocado tree that was growing in the middle of the yard. At least the patio and house were spared. I had some friends come and cut it all up and put down by the street. The heavy trash people will come pick it all up on Thursday. Next week I have a tree company coming to look at the tree to see if it is still healthy and to do some more major trimming. The piece that fell was half of the top of the tree. It's pretty tall. Then sometime during the night Saturday my internet went out and the technician finally came this afternoon to get it up and running again. 

I do have a card to share with you today. This I made for the SCS Creative Card Chicks monthly challenge. Terry was the hostess for August and she sent up this cute kit with adorable little honey bee stamps.

She stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The image and sentiment are from Darcie's Hello Honey stamp set. The ribbon and dots are from her stash. I used a bit of Stickles Diamond on the wings to give it some sparkle. The image was colored with Copics E40; N4, N5; R46; Y15, and Y17. There are still more images and embellishments to use, so I'll be making more cards like this one.

Hope you are have a great week.


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet image Maggie, and you have made the most of it the way you have used it on this pretty card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a big part of the tree that fell! I hope it's okay. Big limbs fall out of trees here just because that's what they do. The loggers dubbed them widow makers. I'm glad yours didn't do any property damage. Anyway, cute card with the honeybee and papers. Got to have flowers for the honeybee!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!