Follow Me

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Grateful Heart - IAS #96

 Good morning, my friends. Happy Sunday. I hope all is well with you. We have a bit of a chilly morning today in H Town, and a bit of a mist maybe. I think the sun is trying to peek out so hopefully it will warm up later in the day as I head over to my daughter's house for dinner tonight. Because of COVID-19, we still eat outside social distancing from one another. At least we are able to get together. I know that is hard for some people right now.

This month is one of gratitude as we celebrate the holiday of Thanksgiving. It will be very different for us this year too. Usually, our whole family gets together and we have fun things going on all that week, but not this year. Still, I am grateful for my family and that they are all well and keeping safe.

My card for this challenge is about gratitude which way my choice for the challenge. I think gratitude is a bit different than thank you although saying thank you does show gratitude. But gratitude should be an everyday occurrence. We should be grateful for every aspect of our lives - the breath we take, the fact that we can see, hear, smell, taste, have a roof over our heads, and so on. Every morning I am just thankful to be alive and that I know I have a Heavenly Father who watches over me and each one of us.

My card is pretty simple - no coloring. As I've been going through all my stuff in my craft room, I came across this Stampin Up Simply Scrappin Kit called Flower Fair. I have been making sets of cards that I want to give to each of my two daughters and three granddaughters for Christmas this year so I thought I would make some out of this set. 


 

 

 

I neglected to write down which of my stamp sets has this sentiment in it, but I'll look for it later and give recognition. I really like it. If we don't have gratitude in our hearts, we cannot be truly happy. The flower is from my stash - probably from Recollections. So that's it.

I hope that you'll stop on over at International Art & Soul and see what the rest of the design team has created to inspire you. Come join us with your "Grateful" project. You could be the Winner or one of the Top 3. It's all in fun.


7 comments:

  1. This card is just gorgeous my friend. I hope they find an inoculation that works soon. I missed my daughters 40th birthday and my grandson's 4th birthday.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful sentiment and your pretty DP and flower. A beautiful card. SO wonderful you can still get together with family and socially distanced- share a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. I keep saying I'm going to make cards all year to put into sets as holiday gifts but I never do! Your family is very lucky! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. In total agreement, Maggie, and your card is a beautiful way to express it. Pretty papers and combination of colors. I love the sentiment. I have a similar quote on an old SU stamp, but not exactly the same. I never get rid of a good sentiment. Enjoy any time you can manage with your family however you can manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Maggie - and that sentiment is marvelous. I agree with your sentiments about gratitude.'
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card Maggie. Great job1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!