Follow Me

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Feeling Better - Challenge Your Stash

 Good morning, my friends. I do hope you are not in the way of any of the stormy weather that is hitting our country right now. For those in the path of Idelia, I send up prayers that you will be safe and no harm will come to you or your family. 

I'm a little late in getting my card posted for the Challenge Your Stash challenge on SCS for August. We are to post on the 28th of each month, but life was busy and I was late getting my card done. Each month we have a hostess who picks the theme for the month. Then we all make our card with that theme in mind and using only items we have in our stash - nothing new is to be purchased to make our card. I never have a problem with that with all the inventory I have in my stash. I did use a stamp that I've had for a long time, but have not used before. It's from Whiff of Joy stamp company which went out of business back in 2015. I was sorry to see them go. The theme for the month of August was chosen by Lorraine (smhtwin on SCS). Her theme is "Here's what's cooking." Make a card that has a stamped image or cooking/kitchen-theme DP of anything you would find in a kitchen: food, pots and pans, oven mitts, blender, drinking glasses, etc.


 Materials Used:

  • Image - WOJ - Feeling Better in the Morning
  • Sentiment - Hero Arts - Ribbon Messages
  • Card Stock - Stampin Up - Real Red
  • Designer Paper - Simple Stories - Summer
  • Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories - Ribbon (SU?), sequins
  • Copic Markers - B000, B01, E000, E00, E11, E21, E23, E25; G000, G00; R14, R17; Y23, Y26

That's all for today. I hope you're having a wonderful week. Stay safe.

4 comments:

  1. Awe what a sweet card. I do love chicken noodles soup when I am sick. Perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable Get Well card, sure to make the recipient feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's a great stamp and beautifully colored. I love the style of the stamp and your card. I have that paper pad and these were my two favorite pieces in it. I think the flowered piece is all gone because I loved it so much. So far I think all of my stamping friends have been okay in this crazy weather. I worry about all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Maggie - love your interpretaion of the theme
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!