Follow Me

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Friendly Characters - Creative Card Chicks

 Hello everyone and Happy Wednesday. It's still very HOT and steamy down here in H Town. Unfortunately we did not get any of the rain from Tropical Storm Harold. It was all south of us. Everything is just drying up. I've been using my sprinkler system since it's been so hot, but even so, that doesn't really do it. We need a good rain. Also, this morning they announced a voluntary cut back on water usage here. I hate to go outside. I feel so sorry for my poor outside kitties who have to live in this, but they do have the patio and many places to get out of the sun and find some shade. They seem to be holding up very well. 

I'm a little bit late getting my cards posted for the Creative Card Chicks Monthly Challenge. It's been a busy week so far. Each month we have a hostess who sends out a card kit for the rest to use to make at least one card to share. This month it was my turn to be the hostess and I chose to use the Inkadinkadoo stamp kit - Friendly Characters. They are fun images for kids or adults. I'm including both of my cards here.


I used Stampin Up Soft Sky card stock and SU Afternoon Picnic designer paper. The ribbons, bling, and doily are from my stash. I used only a couple of Copic Markrs to color the images -  B0000; E30, E31, E32.

That's it for today. Stay cool.



4 comments:

  1. A couple of cute cards Maggie, and so beautifully made
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, these are so cute. Fun images and great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps are so cute and fun and I LOVE your cards! Great choice for the Card Chicks. I'm drawn to that funny cow, but then I took a closer look at the penguin on the ice cube and it gave me a giggle, too. Great sentiment with that one. Maggie, I feel for you with the heat down there. I can't imagine. We had one 95 degree day in early summer, but 70's ever since. That one day was miserable. I would hate not being able to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun and cute cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!