Follow Me

Friday, July 28, 2023

Free - Challenge Your Stash

 Well, I'm back again today with one more card to share with you.  This one is for the Challenge Your Stash challenge on SCS. Each month we have a hostess who chooses a theme for us and then we all make a card using our own stash of supplies - nothing new is to be purchased in order to make our card. I never have a problem with that since my craft room is full of supplies that I even forget that I have. 

 Our theme for this month was chosen by Pansy which is "Feeling Free." We were able to interpret this any way we wanted. This month I wanted to use a stamp set that I haven't used before. For a number of years I was an avid raiser of Monarch butterflies. To me they are the epitome of freedom. Their whole life cycle is fascinating to watch and then see them as they fly off after emerging from their chrysalis to freedom is just amazing. I wasn't really very happy with the way this stamp set stamped the images. They were not real clear and concise, but I went ahead and used them anyway. Sad because I may not use this set again.

Materials used:

  • Image - I believe this came from one of my stamping magazines.
  • Sentiment - Same 
  • Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up Pale Plum; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Basic Gray - Kioshi
  • Copic Markers - G21, G24; N4; V12, V15; Y19; YG01; YR65, YR68

 This is it for today. I'll be back soon to share more with you.

4 comments:

  1. Maggie, this is so creative and beautiful! Lovely way to portray the theme this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card Maggie, and don't you hate it when a stamp will not stamp clearly... that hydrangea stamp is so pretty
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, and the stamps are so pretty, it's too bad they don't stamp properly. This is lovely, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your card looks beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!