Follow Me

Sunday, August 1, 2021

On the Dunes - Fun in the Sun - IAS # 114

 Hello my friends. Happy Sunday. It's bright and beautiful and HOT here today. Well, it is August in Texas. What else can you expect? It has been a quiet week compared to the last many weeks with going to school. It's nice now to be able to spend some time with friends (out to lunch and book club) or working on genealogy family research, or just some quiet time with a book. You know. That regular life. I did manage to spread out some cedar granules over my back yard and flower beds. They are supposed to help repel mosquitos out of my yard. I hope it works. I'll let you know next time.

With the summer here, I'm sure many of you are traveling around the country or your own state by various modes of transportation. Our them over at International Art & Soul comes at just the right time for this. The theme is A Mode of Transport and was chosen by Design Team member, Hazel. I don't have many stamps to go with this theme, but I actually made two different cards. I wasn't sure which one I liked the best. I chose this one and will save the other for another occasion.





Materials Used:

  • Image - Lili of the Valley - Vintage Sports; Gina K Designs - My Island
  • Sentiment - Gina K Designs - My Island
  • Card Stock - Stampin Up - Whisper White; Confetti Tan; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Whimsy Stamps - Glorious Sky Slimline collection
  • Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories - circle punch; Silver gel pen; wavy paper cutter; Stampin Up Close to Cocoa and Glorious Green markers
  • Copic Markers - B32; E25; E30, E31, E33; R12, R14, R17; N2, N2, N3, N5

That's it for now. I hope you will pop on over to the International Art & Soul challenge website and see what the rest of the time has done for your inspiration. Maybe you can get an idea for a project to enter into our challenge. You could be chosen as the Winner or one of the Top 3. It's all fun.

9 comments:

  1. Your mode of transport would suit me fine but I'm not sure that weather would suit me - it looks very hot. A perfect image for the theme. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, this is a fun card... love the sand dunes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sports cars and I love your background. However, like Hazel I cannot cope with very hot weather, it makes me ill. At least you have another card ready and waiting for when you need one. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card Maggie - love the image and your have chosen the perfect background for it.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me giggle and reminded me of a uk sitcom on the buses where they got the bus stuck in the sand as the tide came in. sall xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, except for the palm trees it looks like home! We're right on the southern end of the OR coast sand dunes. You came up with the perfect card for your challenge. Love that little sports car and so would my hubby. Enjoy your time before life gets hectic again. Hope those cedar granules work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cool car image and the rolling sand dunes! It looks like a fun adventure and I would love to be in this scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card and the image you chose Maggie. It looks like a fun time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!