Follow Me

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Blossom Bear - Creative Card Chicks

Hello! Happy Thursday night. It's been a great week. I finally GRADUATED with my Applied Associate's of Science degree in Family History Research yesterday from Brigham Young University-Idaho. All my classes have been online. The day started out kind of low key. I did have lunch plans with a few of my friends, but they turned that into a big surprise luncheon with more of my friends. They really made it so special. It was such a fun time. The Convocation was virtual yesterday afternoon. It had seemed so surreal until I was listening to them play Pomp and Circumstances and saw photos of all the graduates, and I got all emotional. Then I saw my own picture and it was real. I'm finally a graduate with a degree. That's not the end though. I'm planning to try for accreditation through ICAPGen - International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists. Hopefully I can complete that in a year and then I plan to go back to BYU-I and work on my Bachelor's Degree. When I get that, I most likely will be able to walk the stage to receive my diploma. I'm counting on it anyway. Here is a photo of my friends, from left to right around the table: Judie, Peggy, Carole, Liza, Pok, Thora, Me, and Sharon.


 So, on to the task at hand - posting a card for the Creative Card Chicks challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. This month our hostess was VikkiJo. She sent us all a kit with images, papers, and embellishments to use to make a card or two or how ever many we can get out of the kit. 


Materials Used:

  • Image - Anita's Back Street, Inc. - Bear with Wheelbarrow
  • Sentiment -  Whiff of Joy
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up Pool Party, Whisper White
  • Designer Paper - Flower and Field
  • Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories - Close to My Heart - pink brads; Stampin Up - pink ribbon
  • Copic Markers - B0000, B000, B12, B14; E23, E25; E31, E33; G21, G24; R81, R83, R85; Y15, Y18; N10; W02, W04
That's it for today. Now that school is done for awhile, I hope to get more stamping done.

7 comments:

  1. So glad your friends surprised you Maggie and made your day even more special.
    Love your card - that is a sweet image and a really pretty card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Maggie. What a great accomplishment! Your card is so cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your luncheon and you with your grad cap--Congrats!!! And, then such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWW!! Congratulations, Maggie! I know how hard you worked on that degree! Fantastic! I also love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you, Maggie! What an exciting time and it's so nice that your friends made sure you all got to celebrate. You look so cute in your grad cap. What a great picture! Oh, and super cute card, too! You know I have a soft spot for cute critters, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sweet bear sure makes a fun card! Oh goodness, love the picture celebrating your Graduation! Had earned and nice to get to the end of your goal...nice to get a breather...before you start your next adventure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!