Follow Me

Friday, May 28, 2021

Merry Christmas - Slimline - Challenge Your Stash

 Hello my friends. Happy Friday and Happy Memorial Day Weekend. I hope you stay safe if you are traveling over this holiday weekend. I will be having a quiet weekend at home. I went to the nursery this afternoon and bought some more plants for my empty flower beds, so I hope that the weather will cooperate and I'll be able to get those planted as well as weed out the beds. That is an ongoing, never ending job.

Today I have a card to share for the SCS Challenge Your Stash challenge. Each month we have a hostess who chooses the theme for that month. Then we all make a card using that theme and supplies that we have in our stash. We are not to go out and buy anything to make the card. It's always fun to see what everyone comes up with. This month our hostess was Barb and her challenges was to make a slimline card or mini-slimline card. Your choice of vertical or horizontal, but be sure to include a sentiment. I am just  getting on the bandwagon for these cards and really love them. I did recently purchase a couple of dies to use when making them, but I didn't use them on this card. This card is actually doing double duty because the challenge over in the Splitcoast Fan Club Christmas Challenge for February was the sketch for this card. So I'll be posting it over there also.


Materials Used:

Image - Power Poppy - Under Glass Christmas Keepsakes
Sentiment - Echo Park Sticker - Very Merry collection
Cardstock - Stampin Up - Shimmery White; Xpress It Blending Card
Designer Paper - Echo Park - Very Merry
Accessories - Edge Punch 
Copic Markers - BG000, BG01; E11, E13, E15; E50, E51, E53; G21, G24; R11, R14, R27, R34; W7; Y15, YR02

That's it for today. Have a great weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Love your use of the challenges Maggie - this is a gorgeous Christmas card!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about the CYS Challenge yesterday. How is May almost over already? Love your fun Christmas card, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, your slimline Christmas card is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, I love how you combined these stamps for your slimline card! I do like the slimline style, but I have a hard time keeping the weight under an ounce. However, the mini-slimlines are right up my alley! We are having a beautiful weekend here and getting lots done out in the yard and garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!