Follow Me

Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowflake

I've been really busy with so many other things that I've slacked off on making my 2012 Christmas cards.  Yep, getting started early so I don't have to stress at the last minute.  The SCS Christmas Card Challenge sure helps to keep me going.  This is the 3rd card for January so I guess I need to get busy and make 3 more. ;)

I really like going out of the box sometimes and use non-traditional colors for my cards.  I thought these colors were very "wintery" looking.  It's hard to see the layer of lace that I used so here's an upclose photo showing that.
It's so pretty IRL.
I was inspired by a card in the latest issues of Card Ideas for Paper Crafters and I neglected to write down the lady's name, but I'll check on that later.  The card was really easy to put together.  The snowflake is chipboard and I just pushed it into my glue pad and then sprinkled SU Dazzling Diamonds over it.  The base of the card and mat for the snowflake is SU Pale Plum.  The paper is from Basic Gray's Eskimo Kisses.  I used my window punch to punch out a piece of SU Sage Shadow and then used a rub on from DCWV Winter Rub Ons pad.  I thought the upper corner looked bare so I used a Recollections bling which I colored with a Copic marker.  I did that awhile ago and don't remember what color I used, but it looked good on this.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.  Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! Great colors, elegant look, the ribbon is fabulous, and the bling finishes it all off nicely! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!