Follow Me

Monday, October 23, 2023

Pick of the Patch - CCC October

 Hello my friends and Happy Monday. I hope you all had a great weekend. This has been a busy, but fun month for me. I celebrated a really BIG birthday on Saturday, but I've been celebrating with my family all month since my sister's birthday was on the 12th. 

My cards for the Creative Card Chicks was due to be posted on Saturday, the 21st, but I was busy with finishing up some school work and then dinner with family. Each month the CCC has a hostess who either sends a kit or posts a challenge for us to follow. Then we will all make at least one card from the kit or for the challenge and post it between the 21 and 23 of each month. For October , Roxie was our hostess and sent us a Fall/Halloween themed kit. She sent us a little kit with lots of embellishments to use and also a couple of images if we wanted to use them. So far I was able to create two cards out of the kit and used some of each. These are both Fall or Thanksgiving cards.

This one used the Stampin Up Apple Harvest stamp set although I colored them to look like peaches. The designer paper is Stampin Up All About Autumn. I believe the leaves and sentiments also come from Stampin Up. The image is colored with Copic Markers.

I did not do any coloring or stamping on this one. The pumpkins came already stamped. I think this one is Stampin Up, Pick of the Patch stamped with Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie. Again, the designer paper is Stampin Up, All About Autumn. 

Such a fun theme and kit. Thanks Roxie.


3 comments:

  1. What delightful cards you have created from you kit Maggie - these are fabulous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those apples certainly can pass for peaches. In reality the leaves are similar, too. It's really a pretty card. The paper on the second card shows exactly the kind of place I love to be. Our woods are mostly evergreen, but any woodsy location will do just fine. I'm sorry I didn't send out any birthday cards in October. I think I told you already. You sure seem a lot younger than the BIG birthday you celebrated, but I totally believe staying active in mind and body makes the difference. Mine was a milestone, too. Turned 70 last month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!