Follow Me

Sunday, April 26, 2020

So Very Grateful - IAS #82


So Very Grateful



Hello my friends, and happy Sunday! It's a beautiful sunny day here in H Town. It is so weird that it is Sunday and no church meetings. It is no wonder that I forget what day it is. Online classes started this week, but mine are always online, so there is no issue with that. It was mostly an easy week and I was able to get my classwork done early and got started on week 2 since there is a lot more going on starting tomorrow. This semester I am taking British Isles research which focuses on Britain and Wales. My other class is Writing and Reasoning Foundations. Ugh! I do not like writing classes. It's required so I'm taking it.

Let's get on to something fun. Here is my card for the International Art & Soul challenge this fortnight. The theme is "anything BUT a square or rectangle."  It might be easy for you, but it was kind of tough for me. I don't really get outside my "box" much so I had to really think for this one.






 I started out with my die cut. Sorry, it does not have a name; it's one I purchased on Amazon that came from China. I know there is a Nesabilities one that is very similar, but a little bit smaller. I have that one also. I wanted it big though so I could make something with it. I did not have a large oval die to make the actual card. I folded a piece of which cardstock lengthwise and then laid the large die on top of it. Then I sketched an oval shape around it and it just fit leaving a little bit at the top for the fold and a little a the bottom where it could stand up. The designer paper I used for the die cut and to frame the image is My Mind's Eye Be Happy collection. I found this great stamp set from Stampin Up - So Very Grateful and also used it for the sentiment.  I stamped it on XPress It Blending card and the cut it out with the next smaller die in the nest and colored with my Copic markers - B0000, G03, G05; G21, G24; R81, R83, R85; V01, V04; and Y15. Then I just popped on a few pieces of bling for added interest and sparkle.


The lilac background is just a piece of cardstock I put behind the card to photograph it. After I got done, I thought it would have made a nice Easter card. It kind of reminds me of the Easter eggs my parents got us that were hollow and had a little scene inside.

sugar easter eggs with scenes inside - Google Search

That's all I have for today. I hope that you will hop on over to the IAS challenge webpage and take a look at what the rest of the Design Team has created to inspire you and then you will add your creation to the page. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

6 comments:

  1. So lovely Maggie and throughly enjoyed reading your blog post too :) :) :) Great to see you step outside you box hahaha, know that feeling but it is always a great journey when we do. Have fun with all those studies, so admire you sweetheart. Stay safe xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called in yesterday but your card was nowhere to be seen - you must have been busy elsewhere. lol Now I see it I love it, that orange die cut is beautiful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on keeping up with, and ahead a bit of, your school work Maggie - love your card, and how you went about the challenge - a sweet result with those colours and the die cuts.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Maggie, I feel you. I rarely step outside my box, but I'm okay with that. Such a pretty stamp you used and you worked hard to make this lovely card. Good luck with your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, and a lovely result for 'stepping out of your box'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!