It's been a busy month with school and raising Monarch butterflies. Normally the Monarchs are gone between November and March, but this past winter was very mild and it seems that they didn't all travel down to Mexico. Many of them stayed around here in H Town and I started seeing small caterpillars in January on my milkweed that I had cut back in the Fall. It's been crazy ever since. Every morning when I go out to check on them, I find over a dozen more. So far I have released 39 Monarchs and 4 Gulf Frittalaries have hatched. It takes a lot of time and work to keep those Monarchs fed with milkweed.
So, on to my card for today. This one was for the Creative Card Chicks Monthly Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. Each month each of the group receive a kit from the hostess and we each make at least one card from the kit and post it between the 21st and 23rd. As you can see, I'm a little late this month. Our hostess this month was Sue (stampinspooky). Here is the card that I created.
- Image - House Mouse - She Loves Me
- Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Stampin Up Garden Green
- Cardstock - Stampin Up Mossy Meadow
- Designer Paper - Stampin Up Garden Lane
- Accessories - Stampin Up Enamel Dots - Regals; scalloped oval punch; Nestabilities, classic circle die.
- Copic Markers - E30, E31; B0000, B000; G21, G24; Y02, Y15, Y18
Oh what a sweet card Maggie - love the image and you have coloured it beautifullyReplyDelete
Awww, adorable and happy! Yes, stay home for your sake and for others. Someone has to take care of those Monarchs!ReplyDelete