Follow Me

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Peaceful Petals - IAS

Good morning and Happy Sunday. Wishing you all a Happy New Year. I hope that it is the best one ever for you and me too! School starts up again in just a few days. It's been great to have a little time off. I went to California to visit my oldest daughter over the Christmas holiday. It was such fun to be with them and both of my granddaughters. It was more special because my oldest granddaughter and her husband will be moving back to California from Utah so she can take a new job there. Everyone is so happy for them and my daughter is over the moon happy to have one of her daughters back close to her.

It's now time to get back into the creative mode and I have made this card for the first challenge of 2020 for International Art and Soul.  The theme for this fortnight submitted by Jane is Monochromatic. I did the best I could with golds/bronze.








Materials Used:
  • Image and Sentiment - Stampin Up Peaceful Petals
  • Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Cardstock - Xpress It Blending Card; Stampin Up Baked Brown Sugar
  • Accessories - Martha Stewart - Elegant Filigree Butterflies; The Paper Co. Studios- Autumn Harvest  Jewels
  • Copic Markers - E87; Y18, Y19, Y28
I case'd this card from sleepininseattle on splitcoaststampers who case'd it from Precious Kitty who used it for a Teapot Tuesday card MMTPT434.

I hope you will come join us for the New Year and pop over to see what the rest of the design team has created. 

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, I love it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Happy New Year xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Maggie, the colours are just gorgeous and I am lost for words with the beautiful butterfly you have used :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maggie, this card is so lovely!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Maggie - love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, this is so pretty and reminds me of you and your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, this is pretty! Lovely coloring with that beautiful golden yellow. I had to take a closer look at the butterfly. Very cool! Now I'm reminded of some older, beloved metal art embellishments I really should finally use. Inspiring! It sounds like you had a great Christmas! I know your daughter must be so thrilled to have one of her own daughters move closer to home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why this pretty card keeps getting Case'd!!! I so love the gold butterfly you added as well! Your coloring is always a pleasure to see!
    It is so nice your Granddaughter will move back by her mom- I so miss my kids when they are far away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!