Follow Me

Sunday, April 21, 2019

With Sympathy - Creative Card Chicks

Hello my friends.  Happy Easter. I hope you are all enjoying your day. It was a beautiful one here. Couldn't have asked for it to be any better. After attending church, spent time with my extended family. Always love getting together with them. I didn't think I ate too much, but I'm still feeling full. My sis made a mincemeat pie which I could not pass up!

I do have a card to share with you today. This is for the SCS Creative Card Chicks Monthly Challenge. Our hostess this month was ScrappinCEO. She sent us a kit with this pretty flower image. I love flowers. And she sent a butterfly. You kow I love butterflies too almost as much as I love flowers. BTW, so far I have had 4 Monarch butterflies emerge from their chrysalis. I have my new hutch up and have at least a dozen chrysalises in there. 

 This image came from Cardmaking & Papercrafting issue #168 designed by Jenny Ellory.  The paper is Stampin Up Share What You Love. I used SU Real Rust for the base of the card and the embossed strip is SU Pear Pizzazz. The butterfly is punched using a Martha Stewart punch.

 Here is the inside of my card. The sentiment is from the Cardmaking & Papercrafting #165 and the enamel dot is from Recollections.

The Copic markers I used were E02, E04, E07; G21, G24; R22, R24, R27; T10; Y08, Y15, AND Y18.

That's all for today. Have a great week.
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Maggie! Love the colors and image. Those card making magazines sure have some nice things in them. It sounds like things are coming along with your Monarchs. It's a good thing you're doing. Looks like we might have no rain all next week! We have things on the agenda that will keep us home next week, but hope to get away for a couple of days after that, weather permitting. I'm glad you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, your card is gorgeous! I love how you incorporated the doily behind the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOnderful warm weather image! LOL, so tired of the cold! Beautifully colored and I love the butterfly too! How awesome you are raising monarch's again this summer, and looking forward to seeing pictures and watching your progress. They do not usually start laying eggs and all in our area until later in July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a pretty card Maggie - love the colours you have used, and the butterfly finishes the card beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie--I love the colors you picked. It is a very pretty card and calming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Maggie. I knew butterflies would be perfect for this kit and I always look forward to your coloring. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!