Follow Me

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Rainboots and Blossoms - Card Shower

Good morning my friends and Happy St. Patrick's Day! Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day. I hope you enjoy your day.

This was a fun card to make. After I picked my colors, it just all seemed to come together so well. First, this is for the International Art & Soul challenge. Our theme this fortnight is Green + 2 Colors. The two colors I chose to use are yellow and pink.






Let me just say that I love, love, love Heartfelt Creations. I have attended two conventions the last two years here in H Town just to attend their classes. They are all about flowers and I love flowers - either real ones or using them on my cards. So, I was very delighted when I got this card kit in January from Ruby (rawilkes on SCS) for the Card Shower Kit swap. It is so fun. Each month the hostess is the one who gets showered with card kits from the other members. I'm still working on the kits that I received and trying to use them in challenges or for my DT.  Ruby sent me the rainboot and flowers already cut out. I cut a little slit in the top of the boot and slipped two of the flower stems inside. The papers she sent were perfect from Carta Bella Spring Market.  I added the pink doily behind the rainboot to carry on the color scheme. I used a retired cardstock from Stampin Up called Mint Macaroon. The images were colored with Copic Markers - G21, G24; R81, R83, Y15, and Y19.

That's it for today. I hope you will check out the IAS blog challenge and see what the rest of the Design Team has created to inspire you and play along with us. You could be the winner or picked as one of the Top 3.



6 comments:

  1. Love this card! The cut out boot is perfect on the dp layer and the doily. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, I love the flowers in the boot. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, I love the rainboot image on this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, this is so pretty! The image, the paper, the doily -- love!! I adore Heartfelt, too. Such gorgeous stamps and great dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your three colors- so dainty are the BG flowers, love the boot with flowers too. And, the feminine touch with the pink doily. Very nice- and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Let's hope Aprils showers bring May flowers... and that the March Lion has gone into hibernation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!