Follow Me

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Monthly Challenge - September - Country Charm

Hi my friends. I am again playing catch up with my Monthly Challenge - Girls of the Bakers' Dozen cards. I have 2 more to showcase later, but wanted to get this one done. It is being sent to my daughter's mother-in-law who is recovering from surgery for colon cancer. Her story is the spotlight on Teapot Tuesday this week.  She went through months of chemo and radiation to get her ready for the surgery. We are all praying that all of this will lead to remission or cure.  I hope you'll come along and join in the fun.
The September Challenge kit came from Suzy (SuzyZ1104 on Splitcoast Stampers) and all the embellishments were included in the kit. I just had to add the cardstock.
Materials Used:
  • Image - Stampin Up - Country Charm
  • Sentiment - Hero Arts - Thinking of You (I love this stamp set and use it quite often)
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up - Crushed Curry
  • Designer Paper - The Paper Studio
  • Accessories: Spellbinders Die, Stampin Up Oval Punch; EK Success corner punch; Prima flowers; brads from my stash; gold cord from her stash
  • Copic Markers - B0000; E31, E34, E37; G14, G17; R20, R24, R27, R29; T2, T4; Y18, YR02, YR07, YR09
That's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with another Monthly Challenge card.

I am submitting this card for the following challenges:
Scrappers' Delights - Anything Goes
artbymiran challenge - anything goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft - anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
Julia Spiri - Anything goes with PUnches or Die Cuts
Southern Girls - Use Stripes

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Maggie - the image is so cute, and I love the colours of the papers that you have used to mount it on. The photo corners look great
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie.....I love how you were able to take everything I sent and make it into such a lovely card! I'm sure your daughters MIL will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything you sent was just perfect for the card.

      Delete
  3. Such a cute image. Very beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful and peaceful card. It gives a warm, comforting feeling and is perfect for your daughter's MIL. I hope she recovers well and quickly from a very successful surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, it gives such a warm glow and will be sure to give a smile. I hope the surgery goes well and there is swift recovery. Thank you for sharing your special card with us at Southern Girls for our stripes challenge.
    Lauren DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image and pretty card. Hugs and prayers go out to your DD and her MIL's family. I hope her surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card!! I love the cat image. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pretty card- the image is lovely, and loving the soft colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hugs maggie!! hope her health gets better soon! what a beautiful card for her too, just amazing.

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    Creative Fingers DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers and at Julia Spiri. Hope to see you again next time. I hope your daughter's mother-in-law gets well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!