Follow Me

Friday, June 28, 2024

Garden Thanks - Creative Card Chicks

 Hello my friends. Happy Friday. I hope you all have a great weekend.

I'm finally getting back to doing some more card making and playing in my craft room. It's been a trying month and a half. I can't believe June is almost over.

I spent some time in my craft room last night working on this card. It's very plain, but I had a hard time coming up with something that didn't include stamping. I could have stamped a sentiment, but decided to use my thank you die instead. This card is for the Creative Card Chicks monthly challenge. Each month there is a hostess who either sends us a kit or gives us a theme or idea to use to make our card. Then we each post our card between the 21st and 23rd of the month. Yes, I am way late getting mine done. On the 20th I had a cortisone injection on the side of my left hand right where the thumb meets the wrist. Yes, OUCH! It was painful, but it has helped so I'm not complaining. 

This month our hostess was Sue and she sent us some designer paper and some corresponding card stock. We were to make a card using just the dsp she sent - no images and no stamping. The products are all from Stampin Up - Fresh as a Daisy designer paper; Garden Green, Wild Wheat, and Daffodil Delight card stock; brass butterflies. I used a strip from each color of the cardstock to make a pennant and then added a brass butterfly at the point. I don't recall where the Thank You die is from, but I used a bit of the Daffodil and then some white card stock and layered the words. I love flowers so I'm sure I'll use the rest of the dsp at some point to make more cards.


2 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous card Maggie - love how you have made the pennants, and the die cut sentiment stands out beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, this is a sweet card - those little banners and the lovely flowers are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!