Follow Me

Thursday, December 8, 2022

With You in Mind - October Card Kit #1

 Hello my friends. I hope you are having a great day. Christmas is getting closer. Have you gotten your shopping done yet? I have and I'm so glad. Now all I need to do is wrapping. Such fun. School semester is just about over. Finals are due next Wednesday. I already have one projected submitted - it was the hardest - my Excel class. We had to come up with our own project and then use all the functions that we've learned all semester. I actually did okay on it. I'm hoping to just tweak it a little bit and resubmit it before the due date. But, I'm feeling a little more at ease and had some extra time today. I have a couple of cards to share. I belong to a card kit swap group on Splitcoast Stampers. There are six members and. Every month someone else is the recipient of a card kit from the other five members. Each of us will choose the month to receive and also the theme of the kit we'd like to get. My month was October and I chose a Christmas theme. I'm just now getting the time to actually play with the kits that were sent  to me. I was able to make two cards so far from this first kit. It was one that was sent to me by Darlene (luvcardmaking). Darlene actually sent me the stamps for this one. 



As you can see, I used the same image but chose to do in different colors. It's an Itty Bitty stamp from Unity Stamps called With You In Mind. The designer paper is from Gina K Designs. The red card uses Stampin Up Real Red cardstock, and the green one is Wild Wasabi. On the red one, I used some bling that Darlene sent as well as the Nestabilities classic oval dies. The green one has some twine that she sent in the kit. I also used Copic markers to color the images - B0000; G24, G43, G46; R14, R17, R37. Thanks Darlene for the fun kit.

3 comments:

  1. You've done great in your school all along, Maggie. It must be close to done by now, but maybe it just seems that way to me. Cutest cards today! I love the snowman and I can't think which is a favorite. Your coloring is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be pleased to have the Excel project done and dusted!! Loving these cards Maggie - that is such a cute image, and I love the way you have let it take the centre stage, and used paper that complemented the way you coloured it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, these are both soooo cute! That snowman is adorable with his great big hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!