Follow Me

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Christmas - Anything But a Card - IAS #73

Good morning my friends. I hope that you have a wonderful Sunday. It's a little chilly here this morning but should warm up to the mid-70s. I understand that another cold front is on the way that will drop the temps into the 30s. Brrrrrrrrrrr. . . . not looking forward to that.

Today I have a Christmas project - not a card. This is for International Art & Soul's four-week challenge. Yes, you will have a whole month to get something posted on the site. Both of these projects were super easy with kits that I've had for a long time.






The two-round accordion objects are ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree. These were made from a Stampin Up kit that I think I bought last year or maybe the year before and never got around to making them. Decided this year that I would do them and make one for each of my family members. They were pretty easy to put together and only required a little bit of stamping.

The piece in the middle is a slice of a wooden log about 3/8" thick. It was part of a kit I purchased from Papertrey Ink (also at least a year or so ago). It also was pretty easy. I put Mod Podge on the flat surface and then put the die-cut on and more Mod Podge over the top of it. I cut the banner from a small piece of green cardstock and then stamped the Merry Christmas on it. Adhered it to the block with a couple glue dots. You can't see it in the photo, but I also put an edging around the circle block with the Mod Podge. Fun projects. I have a bunch more to do with all the Papertrey Ink Make It Market kits that I have. I just need to find the time. I'm going to try to work them in throughout the year along with my Christmas cards and maybe have some more finished next year.

I hope that you will hop on over to the International Art & Soul challenge page to see what great projects the rest of the Design Team have created to give you some inspiration to join in the fun. You could be the winner or picked as one of the Top 3. Have fun creating.

4 comments:

  1. Super ideas, Maggie, they look great. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, cute and fun! Feels good to use some of your things that have been waiting a while, doesn't it? There are a lot of things waiting in my stamp room, for sure! Crazy wild fluctuation in temps there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ornaments Maggie! How fun to get the kits out and get them completed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!