Follow Me

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Strawhat - OSAAT #224

Hi my friends.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I'm still in southern California visiting with my daughter and family.  I've seen the play twice and enjoyed it more last night since I wasn't as tired as I was on Wednesday night after an early wake up and a long day of traveling. We'll be going again tonight, but unfortunately my son-in-law won't be here with us.  His grandmother (90 yo) suffered a stroke on Wednesday so he flew home to be with his family at her bedside.  Prayers for them will be appreciated.  She has requested nothing to keep her alive so it's only a matter of time until she passes.  She is ready to go, but will be greatly missed by all of the family.

With Thanksgiving coming upon us soon, it is a time to reflect on all the blessings that have been bestowed upon us by a loving Heavenly Father and to give thanks for all that we have.  Our theme this week for One Stitch at a Time is Anything Goes With Thanks.  Here is my card.

 Materials Used:
  • Image - Stitchy Stamps - Strawhat
  • Sentiment -Stampin Up
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up - Really Rust; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Digital Paper from Panda Bear Designs
  • Ink - Stampin Up - Really Rust
  • Accessories - Cricut Cartridge - Elegant Edges; 1" circle punch; bling and ribbon from my stash
  • Copic markers - E09, E25, E27, E29, E31, E33, E44, E47, E49; E50, E51, E53; R46; Y08, Y18, Y19, Y32, Y35;YG67, YR12, YR14
Our wonderful sponsor this week is our own Stitchy Bear Designs and you could be the winner of the November prize pack -
 Can't wait to see what you create.  Hop on over to the OSAAT challenge blog and check out the rest of the design team creations.


13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your SIL's gran. Doesn't matter how old someone is, it is always sad to see them go.
    I do love this card... fabulous deep and vibrant fall colours and a great image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful DP you used on this! WOW! Love those wonderful colors of fall and cute image.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image - and lovely card. Hope things are going well for you out west.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the warm fall tones! Really lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really love these colors, so richly Fall-like! Gorgeous DP too. You colored her up so wonderfully too.
    Hugs & prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely TG card, and beautifully colored. Sending prayers, Maggie for you and your DD's family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's all orange!! love it!! hope you have a safe trip home and sending prayers to your family.

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Maggie, I love the way you have picked up the background colours on your feature panel. So glad you enjoyed the opera.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet image- and how I love the background paper you chose- just beautiful! Sounds like a wonderful trip so far. It's sic you could come for your granddaughters play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card Maggie! I really like the colors and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A cute little chick with a cute little outfit! Love those warm colors and pretty paper. I'm sorry to hear about your son-in-law's grandma. I always think of the younger person full of life and how quickly those years fly by. I hope she knows her family is there and feels their love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super beautiful paper you used and your coloring is just beautiful on this cute little girl image. :D
    Your teamie from OSAAT
    hugs ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!