Follow Me

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yellow Mustang

Good morning!  Looks like time for another Teapot Tuesday.  This week is usually Tickle a Teapotter where we would send to one of the other Teapotters, but this time we are all sending to one of our own.  Her name is Robin, and her husband was killed in a freak accident in January.  You can read about their story HERE.  Robin loves the beach and all things beachy.  She also drives a yellow Mustang hence the theme of my card.  ;)
I had this great car stamp Holiday Cruiser from Craft Lounge that was just perfect.  Well, not quite a Mustang, but it is yellow.  ;)  I couldn't find a seagull stamp, so I just went to the friendly Internet and found this cute image which I downloaded, re-sized, cut out, and stuck on there as the driver and passengers in the car.  A bright sun adds to the hot, beachy theme.  I think the paper I used gives the feeling of water.  It's from Basic Gray - Succulent and Yumberry from the Hello Lucious paper collection.  It is layered on a card base of Stampin Up Confetti Cream.  The Sentiment is from the SU Best Yet stamp set.  It's stamped on GP White using SU Burmuda Bay ink and punched out with the SU Oval Punch.  I used a piece of the BG Succulent to mat it with after punching it out with the SU Scalloped Oval Punch.  The ribbon is from my stash.

Of course I used my Copic markers to color in the car - BG0000, B0000, R46, Y11, Y13, Y15, W0, W2, and W4.

If you'd like to play along, visit this thread for Robin's address and the rest of the story.

I also submitted this card to The Outlawz Greeting Card Challenge this week.  It was a "recipe" challenge to use 2 papers and 2 embellishments on the card plus ribbon. I was also picked to be in the running to win the February prize.  Wish me luck!

Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment.  I appreciate the time it takes to do that.  Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! The seagulls are such a cute addition. I love the DP you used for this card. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Maggie! I love the sea gulls as the driver/ passenger. Good Luck on the challenge win.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!