Follow Me

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Beautiful Day - Creative Card Chicks

 Hello my friends. I know it's been a really long time since I posted anything. My school class has been keeping me busy with researching in England. I also took a week-long course through the Texas Institute for Genealogical Research in DNA. I know nothing about what it is and how to use it, but I'm learning. The great thing is that I was able to connect my paternal great grandfather's line to the corresponding line of one of his sisters. This now has helped me to proved that my paternal great grandfather was the son of our Common Ancestor. We thought that we knew this information, but until now had no way to actually prove it. I'm now working on a ancestral maternal line that goes back to England and hope to find out lots more information about that family.

Needless to say I haven't been giving my craft room much thought over the last few weeks, but I have managed to squeeze in a little bit of time to work on a couple of cards. This first one is for the Splitcoast Stampers Creative Card Chicks monthly challenge. This one was for the month of May!!! Yikes that was a long time ago. I have had this card done and sitting on my desk just waiting to upload it to post. 

For our group, each month there is a hostess who puts together a card kit and sends it out to the rest of the group and then we all make at least one card from the kit and post it between the 21st and 23rd of the month. As you can see, I am way late for posting this one. Our hostess for May was Joyce (ashjoy). The image and die cuts she sent are from The Greetery. I used Stampin Up Hello Honey cardstock for the base and Authentique Delightful designer paper collection.  The image was colored with Copic Markers, but sadly I did not write down the colors that I used. I do really love the way it turned out.

I'll be back tomorrow with another card to share. Have a good evening.



4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Maggie - I love the way the rose turned out, it's beautifully coloured.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! Your coloring does this gorgeous stamp the justice it deserves. Love the colors and papers in the card design. A real delight, Maggie! You are into the intense phase of your studies now and it sounds very interesting. I have a feeling you're going to be very good in this field!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Maggie, that class sounds really cool! Glad you found some time to create this beauty. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!