Follow Me

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Christmas Tree - IAS #105

 Good morning. Happy Sunday! I hope you are doing well. It's a little on the cloudy, rainy side this morning, but that is not dampening my spirits. A week and a half left in this semester! It's also exam week in Math 108X so not looking forward to that. 

I do have a card to share with you today for International Art & Soul. Our challenge this fortnight is Shaped Card (no squares/rectangles) and has been chosen by DT member CG. I am not good at doing shaped cards but when I remembered that I had these great dies from Heartfelt Creations that I have not used before, I knew they would be perfect. 



 

This really came together pretty quickly. There was no coloring done on this card. I started out with a white 10x 7 piece of white cardstock, folded over to 5 x 7. I then use the Booklet Basics Die set to cut out the base of the book pages. I used the largest of the basic dies and a piece of Stampin Up Glitter red cardstock and which was glued to the white base card. That was then glued to the Booklet Frame die which I cut out of Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler. Two pieces of designer paper were cut out and adhered to the top of the Basic Die for the book. The top layer is from October Afternoon - Make It Merry collection called Make a Song. I made sure to cut it so that the song title and the tree were showing with some of the music bars. The flowers and leaves are from my stash. I didn't make them. I wish I could find more of those poinsettia flowers though. I love them. 

That's my card for today. I hop you will pop on over to IAS and see what the rest of the design team has created for your inspiration. Give it a try and join in the fun. I'd love to see your shaped cards to give me inspiration.


5 comments:

  1. This just blows me away! How beautiful for Christmas! Wowie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie this is absolutely beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great take on the shape card challenge! I love that delicately detailed die. Perfect background for the sheet music!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!