Follow Me

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Season's Greetings - CYS

 Hello, my friends. Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year. It's been awhile since I posted. Things were really busy getting ready for Christmas. I was able to spend the day with my youngest daughter and her family - social distancing and outside. Lucky for us, the weather cooperated and it was a nice day. My children and grands spoiled me and I tried to do the same for them. I think we were all happy with our gifts. Dinner was wonderful. Again, so much food. After dinner and opening gifts, my SIL and the grands and I played a game of croquet. My daughter is recovering from back surgery on December 2, so she was taking it easy still. The croquet game was fun, but of course, I came in last again! I expect the New Year's Eve celebration will be a quiet one here. No plans except to be home with the kitties - watching some TV most likely and early to bed.

I do have a card to share with you today. This is one that I made for the Challenge Your Stash group on Splitcoast Stampers. The idea is to make a card using only items already in your stash - no new purchases are to be used to create your card. Each month there is a hostess who picks the theme for us. This month our hostess was Suzy (suzys1104) and her theme was to make a Christmas card but to include some type of tree on it. This was pretty easy for me. I had the perfect stamp set. Our reveal share date is on the 28th of the month, so I'm just a day late.

Materials Used:

  • Image - Power Poppy, Bottlebrush Holiday
  • Sentiment - Same as image
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up - Crushed Curry; Xpress It Blending Card
  • Designer Paper - Bo Bunny - Silver and Gold; Stampin Up, Tis the Season
  • Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories - Ornament glitter brad
  • Copic Markers - E30, E31, E34; G12, G14; G16; R24, R37; Y15

That's all I have for today. I have another one coming up tomorrow using this same stamp set. 


3 comments:

  1. Your CYS card is a real beauty, Maggie! I love the trees, a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas sounds like lots of fun, Maggie! It was quiet here, but we've had some nice days to be outside since then. I love this stamp set and your card. The set is retired now, but I still plan to use it. Don't know if I said I received your card with the sweet girl on it. I've taken a computer break and it's been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Maggie - love those trees, and so beautifully coloured too
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!