Follow Me

Saturday, April 28, 2018

April Flowers from my Stash

Hi friends!  I hope you are having a great weekend. Mine was pretty productive with only one hitch. I was out working in the back yard cleaning out passionflower vine that is growing into my Knockout roses. I happened to see a small wasp nest up in the corner of the door entry so I got a long stick to knock it down. I didn't see any of the mud daubers in there, but it turned out that there were a few and one of them nailed me on the bridge of my nose! I was able to brush it away quickly as soon as I felt the sting and get some ice on it so it didn't swell up and got rid of the sting quickly. After I took care of my nose, I got the wasp spray out and able to hit three of the mud daubers.

Even though I get started back in school this week, I had some time today to work on some cards. This one is made from a kit that I got from Heartfelt Creations last August after being at the Creative Keepsake Convention the weekend Hurricane Harvey hit Texas. I went to CKC so I could take the Heartfelt Creations classes to learn how to make these paper flowers. I love the cards that they make from their products. Unfortunately, they left the convention early because of the hurricane, so I've been watching videos to learn how to make these flowers.

This card was made for the Monthly Challenge on the Challenge Your Stash group on Splitcoast Stampers. Sue (stampinspooky) was our hostess for the month of April, and her theme for us was to use Flowers or Showers. I love using flowers on my cards, so I chose to make mine Flowers.


I used a pale yellow ink on the flowers and pink on the small flowers.  It is so much prettier in real life.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and a beautiful card! Love it!!!
    Sorry about the sting and glad it wasn't serious.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! You really made a card to shine for Sue's challenge! I'm sorry to hear about your wasp sting - ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! The color combination makes it so soft and delicate! Nice job, Maggie!

    Sorry to hear about your run in with the wasp. Glad it was serious! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you made a shower of flowers and it's absolutely gorgeous! Yellow is my favorite, so this is especially pretty to my eyes. Love the die cut window and the vellum flowers. Soooo beautiful! Those darn wasps! We get yellow jackets and they're pretty wicked. If one is nearby I can actually hear it scraping at the wood for making the next. The yellow ones build the paper nests, and the white ones build nests in the ground. Nip those in the bud at first sight! Glad you didn't have to go around with a big ol' swollen up nose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!