Follow Me

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Boxes and Bags - IAS #14

Good morning my friends.  I hope that you are having a great weekend. It's been busy here for me and I wasn't sure I was going to get to play in this project, but I really wanted to make this box. First, I got my DNA project finished and submitted on Friday. Wow! That was tough even with an open book. Now to wait for my grade. We are on to identifying people in photographs; very interesting. We are winding down the course - only 3 weeks left to go.

On to my project. Our theme at International Art & Soul this fortnight is Boxes and Bags.Here is the finished box.



Another view from the front.
And a view from the top.
 



 
The straight part of the ribbon got a bit cattiwampsus when I was photographing it. Here is a link to the template for creating this. It's from Graphic45. I love their papers and they have so many great ideas for inspiration.

https://snapguide.com/guides/make-a-simple-lovely-gift-box/

The finished size is 4 x 4 x 5. I added a piece of cardstock to the top of the 4 x 4 box to make it taller and to accommodate the lid. You'll see as you look at the directions. Also, they say to cut the lid 5 x 5, but it has to be 6 x 6 to give you the 1" overlap and to fit the box. My cardstock for the base was from my stash. I have no idea where I got it. The designer paper is from the Autumn Spice collection from LilyBeeDesign. I believe that they no long are in business. I couldn't find them anywhere on the internet.

The sparkley trim is by Recollections and the brad on top is from my stash. No coloring.

I hope you'll come take the time to play along with us. I'd love to see the different types of boxes and bags. I"m always looking for new things. You could be our overall winner or one of the Top 3! See the link at the top. Good luck.

7 comments:

  1. A great box Maggie. It is a great size so you can put a really decent gift in it. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute little box, Maggie! It makes the packaging as delightful as the gift, which is part of the fun of gift giving/receiving. All my papers are old and a lot from BasicGrey which totally retired from the paper business. Still functional, though! Only 3 weeks to go? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project and so pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Maggie! I love the fun bow you added. Isn't it nice to take an occasional break from cardmaking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you finished off this box with the paper bow. Such a sweet little gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful box, Maggie! Love it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!