Follow Me

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring Tulips

Hello friends and Happy Spring!  So sorry if Spring hasn't caught up to you yet. I know some are still digging out from snow storms. Been there; done that. Don't want to do it anymore. I'm so glad that our cold, rainy season seems to be over for the time being and we're enjoying some pleasant weather with a bit of sunshine.

I love flowers and tulips are one of my most favorite. That is one thing I miss about being up North is having the beautiful bulbs poke out of the ground every Spring. The image for our card this month was just what I needed. This card is for our Creative Card Chicks on Splitcoaststampers. Each month our hostess sends out a kit containing images, paper, embellishments, and whatever she wants and then we all will make a card or two or three and post it on our thread. This month our hostess was Paola. Sad to say she'll be leaving the group after this round for personal reasons. We all wish her the best.
Here is what she has to say about her kit. "The image is from a stamp set from Sparkle and Sprinkle which is kind of local to Florida. The paper is from Michael's (The zigzag is more blue than the green that it looks like.) The butterflies are die cuts.

I used Stampin Up Baja Breeze for my card base and some Stampin Up ribbon for the bow.  I used my Copic markers to color in the image - B0000, R81, R83, R85; YG03, YG06, YG63, and YGY67.

That's it for today. See you soon.

8 comments:

  1. This is very spring-like with those beautiful tulips and papers! Cute little trio of butterflies, too. I've bought stamps online from Sparkle and Sprinkle. They have most every stamp in a digi, too. Some nice stuff! Plus more embossing powders and glitters than you can shake a stick at. It's nice to see your pretty card today, Margaret. Spring is making a wet entrance here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Maggie. Love that image and the way you did the background. Spring has already arrived here I think and we're loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the tulip color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Maggie - love it!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful Tulips- love you coloring and a fun layout! Spring is sure taking its time arriving this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tulips too! This card is so lovely .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Maggie--your coloring is fantastic! I really like the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, this is stunning! I can't believe I haven't made my card yet! yours is jaw dropping gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!