Follow Me

Sunday, September 3, 2017

IAS #16 Lace and/or Pearl

Hi my friends. Happy Sunday! What can I say? The City is finally starting to clean up although there are still areas that have flooding and people cannot get back into their homes yet. For many life is starting to get back to a normal routine. I went back to work on Thursday although not everyone was back. On Friday they brought pizza and salad in for us for lunch. That was really very nice. I don't indulge in pizza very often, but I did on Friday. It was yummy. It's nice that we can have our crafting to bring some light and smiles into our lives. It's especially important at times like these. I'm so happy to participate in International Art & Soul.

The day before Hurricane Harvey hit I was taking classes at a CKC Convention in The Woodlands which is about 45 minutes North of H Town. I was disappointed that some of the vendors pulled out and left, but so thankful that some of them stayed through Friday and showed us some exciting creative projects. These cards were presented by Susan from Clear Scraps. She and her husband are the owners and they manufacture all of the products that are sold in their store. This was the first of 3 classes that I signed up for. They are acrylic cards.

Here is a photo where you can see the acrylic layer on top which has been distressed with white stazon ink.
 

Here is our Dandilion card. I didn't put a sentiment on it yet. I'll decide that when I decide who I want to send it to.
 And the inside.

Here is card No. 3.
And the inside.

Materials Used:
  • Kraft cardstock
  • Ink - White Staz-On; Black Staz-On
  • Stamp - Stampendous Floral
  • Zig Painty Pens - White, Yellow, Green, Black
  • Clear Scraps Acrylic
  • Lace, ribbon, doily, chipboard words, flower, pattern paper all provided
International Art & Soul is always a Just For Fun challenge.  Our theme this fortnight is to use Lace and/or Pearls.  I hope you will come join in the fun. You could be the winner or one of the Top 3 and receive a lovely icon for your blog.

13 comments:

  1. Oh Maggie - so glad you are okay most of all! That storm was really something. Your cards are gorgeous - love the peek a boo clear panels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty cards. Love each and every one of them.
    So glad things are returning to normal for some people.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you're doing ok. It's been awful to see what's going on in Houston and the area. I'm glad you were able to take some classes during the convention. These acrylic cards are amazing! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cards and the acrylic panels are great. Glad the worst is over, weatherwise, take care. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a lot of cards you managed to put together and loving the use of the acrylic, gives such a super look to creations. Ahhhh Maggie, we at International Art & Soul are so happy to have you with us :) :) :) and that you are safe too. I could have shared you pizza, my mouth is watering now hahahahaha xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have thought about you a lot my friend. I know this had to have been so hard. I love the beautiful work you did with your cards! So pretty.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are o.k. Maggie - your cards are amazing - love that acrylic panel on them and how it has been used
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that must have been fun! What pretty cards! You're so right about how our crafting is a nice outlet. A safe and happy escape. It's going to be a long road for many Texans. I'm so glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the acrylic fronts- how pretty. Your cards are just so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those acrylic fronts. May have to try one of those... I'm thinking Christmas. Glad to hear some are able to get back on track though I think 'normal' after a disaster takes on a whole new perspective. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Maggie! I am not familiar with the acrylic cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maggie, Your cards are gorgeous. Love those acrylic fronts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!