Follow Me

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Heartfelt Sympathy - IAS #4

Hi my friends. So good to be back and chatting with you again - even if it is mostly one-sided. I do appreciate your comments that you leave so sometimes they are a little chatty. LOL!

I never seem to have a sympathy card on hand when I need one and maybe that's because I don't want to have to send one out to a friend. Lately though the sympathy cards I've made have come at a time when they are needed to send my thoughts and feelings to a dear friend who has lost someone very close to them. This card is the second one I've needed, the first I haven't blogged yet. A dear friend who I've know for at least 10 years lost a daughter suddenly this past week. They believe she had an asthma attack and no one was home with her to help her when she needed it. She leaves behind a husband and a 7 yo daughter. So, so sad.

My card here is for the International Art & Soul Challenge.  The theme of the challenge is Embossing - wet or dry, whichever you want. I embossed the sentiment which is the focal point of my card.
Materials Used:
  • Image/Sentiment - Stampin Up - Heartfelt Sympathy
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up - Mint Macaroon
  • Designer Paper - Prima - Madeline collection
  • Ink - Versamark
  • Accessories: Ribbon and gold brads from my stash; Sizzix Die - Fancy Labels; Stampin Stuff Vertigre Embossing Powder; Prima flowers
 Well, that's it. I hope you will pop on over to the IAS challenge blog and play along with us. You can enter our challenges with any types of craft that takes your fancy so long as you follow our theme. You could be chosen as the winner or one of the Top 3. We have lovely badges you can display on your blog.
I am submitting this card for the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create - Optional Twist - Stamping
AAA Cards - Diecuts
The Ribbon Girl - Must use ribbon
Di's Digi Designs - Lots of Green

12 comments:

  1. How very sad Maggie and a terrible shock for those concerned. Your card is beautiful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, I'll try not to be chatty :) Such a lovely card, hard to make, but this one is soothing and peaceful . Such a sad loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card Maggie but so sorry to hear about the reason it was made. Big hugs, Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely card, and very appropriate for a sympathy card, without the somber colors we usually associate with that kind of card. I expect we don't build up a stash of those, as they are difficult to make (at least for me). So I wait til I need one, then rush to get it done. I'm sorry for your friend's loss, but glad you are able to send a word of comfort with this lovely card. I like very much the colors you've selected with these pretty flowers. Also like the way you've used the ribbon as a border with the sentiment being the focal point of the card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sympathy card Maggie. Love the flowers on this and those pretty colors.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, your sympathy card is so pretty! Never an easy card to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty, Maggie. I really love the scripty sentiment and the flower-sprigged paper. I know it's silly, but I've always thought of making sympathy cards ahead of time as tempting fate. Most of the sympathy cards I make ahead are for a friend who likes to have them on hand. That's such a terrible blow to the family to have a life cut so short. We don't always think of asthma as life threatening, but it is a serious thing. I'm so sorry for the family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some super elegant dies there and a pretty card with lots of fun elements. Thanks for playing with us at AAA cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card for such a sad occasion. Thanks so much for joining us at the Di's digi designs challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card..... Thanks for playing along with us at Di's Digi Designs :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card- so sad that you needed it for such a sad situation! Loving the embossing powder you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!