Follow Me

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Meadow - OSAAT #208

Hi my friends and welcome back to my blog.  This week was pretty uneventful which is the way I like them.  Our book group has finally gotten started again after breaking up about 2 years ago.  That was a fun evening out.  We read The Book Thief.  Next month instead of a review, we're going to watch the movie that was recently out.  I didn't get a chance to see it them.  The weather has been great and I was able to get my flower bed planted.  I'll share some photos later after it all spreads out and looks good.  There are a few tweeks that still need to be done.

Okay, on to my card for this time.  I was the lucky one to pick the image that my little team used this time and I chose Spring Meadow.  This last week it finally was really like Spring.  Beautiful days and cool evenings.  After choosing this image, I wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  I wanted a little scene kind of and hope that's how it looks to you.

Materials Used:
  • Image - Spring Meadow - Alipeeps Art
  • Sentiment - Whimsey Stamps - Lovely Spring Sliders 2
  • Cardstock - Stampin Up Blushing Bride and Garden Green; Xpress It Blending Card; Shimmery cardstock for the clouds and I always forget where I got the stuff.
  • Designer Paper - Creative Imaginations - Loolah
  • Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black
  • Accessories - Flowers - Petaloo; Small Oval Punch - Stampin Up; Puffy Clouds - Memory Box Dies; Nestabilities - Label Four Dies and Fancy Leaf Dies
  • Copic Markers - BG01; E00, E21, E33, E34; G40, G443, G46; R81, R83; Y11, Y21

Our wonderful Sponsor for this weeks challenge is StitchyBear Digi Outlet with a 7 image prize pack of April images.



To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store and please put an # after your name so we don't miss you.  Runner up prize for person using a non-store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  So everyone can win something.  I hope you'll join us.  Meanwhile check out what the rest of the Design Team has created and hop on over to the One Stitch At a Time challenge blog.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:


A Gem of a Challenge - Spring is in the Air
Allsorts Challenge - Spring Blossoms
Sunflowerfield - Easter or Spring
BMC Crafting - Get Inky - Easter or Spring
Stampin with the Dragon - Spring Time
Moving Along with the Times - Easter/Spring

36 comments:

  1. A perfect little scene set for this beautiful image. Lovely embellishments. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pastel colors complement the digi dress color. Like the flower embellishings.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great image - and your coloring is spot on! I wish there was a book club near me - would love to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the Book Thief - a great story, funnily enough I have just made a card for another DT for the Book Thief (not published yet :) ) Love your creation this week hun, gorgeous colouring and the flowers are just perfect as a finishing touch :) :) :) Hugs Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a dreamy card! Love the soft shades you have used. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and love the addition of the clouds. Beautiful card.
    I'll have to check out that book you're talking about too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love your soft color choice. The Book Thief is one of my favorite books :-) Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are always so pretty Maggie! Love how you colored that cute image & I really like those clouds along with your choice of dp...very nice Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Maggie, and somehow it just feels so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love that pink DP. It is just so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is beautiful, Maggie! Fab coloring, gorgeous paper choice and I love the die cut you used for framing her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful spring image with your pretty watercolor looking Copic coloring. I love that! This is what I feel like doing outside on a beautiful spring day. Probably wind up with bugs all over me, though. I read The Book Thief and am waiting to see the movie on Amazon maybe next weekend. Going to spend the day in the garden. It's beautiful outside! I will love to see your garden pics when you are ready to share them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that she is looking up at the clouds! Such a great idea you had! She is a pretty image too. Glad your book club is back up, my Jane Austen one is fun, and we see all the movies and go for tea. It is a hoot. Raked my yard and that is it so far but soon I will be planting my veggies. Up here I like to wait for end of April.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maggie, this is so peaceful and serene! I think you did a great job of creating a lovely scene with it. So soft and Spring-like. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You created a wonderful scene for your peaceful image, and that BG paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Maggie this is beautiful - love the feeling a spring that you have really captured in this card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool scene- love the image and your coloring/shading is fab! The flowers are pretty- love the addition of the clouds in the sky! I have not heard of the book or of the movie either- look forward to hearing if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful image and I love the scene you have created! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Sunflowerfield Designs Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your creation is lovely Maggie and just perfect for my Spring Blossoms theme, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x (I have a Grand Calibur to be won here )

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card! Love the soft pink and the sweet image looks so relaxed in the midst of the overall card design!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to be laying there. This cold is ridiculous. Thanks for sharing a mini-escape. Creative Blessings! Kel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my Maggie what a lovely card. Your colours and colouring are just great and I do wish I could be doing this right now too...but alas it's snowing again here in Southern Ontario..yup...snow on April 15th !! I do so look forward to spring !! I think your card is just great with the just the right amount of embellishments too ! Lovely.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm back to say thanks for joining us at MAWT with your lovely card. Hazel L. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, this is a spectacular design and your coloring is gorgeous! Beautiful flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, love this so soft and pretty but the detail is perfect...great image

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the beauty in your card. Reminds me of when I was little, I used to lay in the grass and look up at the sky. :D Just beautiful.
    Your OSAAT DT Sis
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a lovely project and I thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You created a beautiful scene, Maggie!! I wish it were warm enough here to lay in the grass and daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  31. terrific scene. you should be pleased.it looks so inviting

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card Maggie! When I look at it I feel like she is in a peaceful meadow! Just beautiful! I like your little clouds on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very stylish and elegent card. Beautiful colouring , and well framed

    Thanks for joining in with us in the Stamping Dragon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful - love that image and the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen N x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really beautiful project. Thank you for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that image brilliant colour & lo.
    Thanks for joining us at sunflowerfield designs

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!