Follow Me

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Woodland Deer - Creative Card Chicks

Good morning friends.  I hope you're having a great weekend. We were predicted to get rain yesterday, but it didn't come around my house. We did get a cooling off overnight though from the cold front coming down from the North. Time to get the yard man over to get flowers planted and get ready for the butterflies. My sis and niece have already been releasing some. I'm getting a late start.

Today it's time to post my card from the Creative Card Chicks group over at Splitcoast Stamperes. This month it was Kelly's (Miamikel4) turn to send us a kit. These ladies really do challenge me every month and I love to see all the cards that they create from the same kit. It's inspiring.  Here is my take on the challenge.
Kelly sent us the images from the Stampenous set In the Woods. I didn't clutter up the front with a sentiment. I'll put that on the inside. The designer paper is from My Paper Studio "Woodland Retreat" collection. We were challenged to use the deer and the tree trunk on our card. Of course, you know how I love flowers, so decided to ground the tree with a garden of flowers. These were all in an SU stamp set that I cut apart and planted around the tree. The deer is standing on a little piece of ground made from a piece of burlap ribbon. I used my Copic markers to color in the deer, tree and flowers. That's it for today. Easy peasy. See you next time.



7 comments:

  1. Super cute little scene. Love the backing papers too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with what was sent to you! A lovly scene especially with your special touches of flowers and the burlap. Happy Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, your card is so cute... love the forest scene and your coloring skills! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Right up my woodland alley. I love your burlap grounding and the flowers. Very clever of you. Super cute paper, as well. Definitely a fun group! You can have some of our rain if you want. I'm getting pretty tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maggie - delightful! What a fabulous coloring and I love how you left the tree untopped - so creative! Thanks for playing along with my April card kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest card! I have that stamp set and love it. I hope you are well. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card--I love the row of flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!