Follow Me

Friday, January 30, 2015

Monthly Challenge Cards

Well, here I am back again today.  This time I have 2 cards to showcase. These are cards I made using kits from Monthly Challenge - Baker's Dozen Girls. Seems I'm always behind in making my cards. The Owl card was from a kit sent by Soni B way back in October. The Christmas card kit was sent by Paige. I always love seeing what each of the ladies send to us and then what everyone creates out of the same kit.


 The image, leaves, ribbon, and dp were sent by Soni. I only added the cardstock base (SU Chocolate Chip) and a computer generated sentiment.  Thanks Soni for the fun stuff to play with.


For Paige's card, I added the sentiment (SU stamped in Ruby Red) and colored the tree using Stampin Up markers Glorious Green, Handsome Hunter, Chocolate Chip, and Ruby Red. I used Handsome Hunter cardstock for the card base, mats, and border trip which I made using an SU border punch.  The ribbon and tree bling are from my stash. The wooden star was provided by Paige.  Thanks Paige for a really fun kit.

10 comments:

  1. They turned out great!! Two thumbs up on our challenge!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards. I really like the wood grain paper and leaves with that owl. Great kits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, they're both wonderful! LOVE that adorable little owl on the first one. Too cute! The tiny Christmas tree is just precious! You've started making Christmas cards for this year now! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great cards Maggie! I love the owl image and the cute owl border. The Christmas card is also so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards Maggie :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards maggie! and no matter that they're older kits, main thing is that you're using them!!! great job on that!!!

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, Maggie. Good for you for going back to the older kits and getting them made. I really love the owl card, the texture on the brown leaf really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my gosh! Seriously? The ribbon and owl and paper and leaves on the first card are so dang CUTE and you put it together beautifully! Better late than never 'cause I sure wouldn't want to miss this! And, hey, you're another card closer to Christmas already. Well done! I love the bling on the tree. This sounds like a fun thing to do, but I'd probably always be behind, too. A blogging friend put a similar idea to me, but neither one of us have found the time yet. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards. I miss the card kit swap.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!