Follow Me

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Big Thank You

I got some new stamps the other day, one of which was a cute fairy.  I inked her up and stamped her and then colored her in with my Copic markers.  I had already done the base of the card and had layers on it and just needed to add this to the top.  Ooops!  It didn't fit!!!!!!!  I was so disappointed, but I couldn't do anything about it because the rest of the card was already done.  So, on to Plan B!  (Have you noticed I like exclamation points?)  ;)  So, I scoured through my stamps to find something that would fit and do what I wanted it to do (which was fit!).  I finally found the perfect stamp.  It wasn't what I started out to do and changed the whole tone of the card, but it's perfect.  It's already winging it's way off to a dear friend.

I thought this was so beautiful.  I love the color purple and all these papers have that color in them.  Here's an upclose of the butterfly.
The cardstock base and mat is Stampin Up Rich Razzleberry.  The dp I used is Basic Gray's Kioshi.  So pretty.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's A Big Thank You which I stamped with Rich Razzleberry.  The butterfly is one by Recollections.  They have such gorgeous embellishments.  It was pretty simple, but I think turned out really pretty.  Hope the recipient likes it.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Maggie! I like exclamation points too.....LOL My Nana LOVES butterflies and this one is perfect for this card. I'm sure your friend will love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is GORGEOUS! And you know I love the purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful ... I love the big butterfly accent. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!