Follow Me

Monday, October 24, 2011

Chrystal's Baby Shower

Well, last week was a very busy week for my. I hosted a Baby Shower for a good friend from my church.  She and her husband have been married for 8 years and have been wanting a baby, but none came until now!  They are having their first baby and I'm so excited for them.  They are the sweetest (and funniest) couple.  I know they're going to be great parents.  It turned out to be much more work than I thought it was going to be even with a little help.

First of all, she doesn't want to know the gender of the baby, so nothing was pink or blue.  The theme in her nursery is Jungle.  It's all really cute.  I decided that I'd make her shower invitations instead of buying them.  I think next time I might opt for buying.  ;)   There was no stamping involved.  I printed them out on my computer and then edge punched the top and folded that trim over.  Then I used my Cricut to cut out a bunch of different animal shapes and stuck one on each invitation.  It was inspired by someone on Splitcoaststampers, but I don't remember who it was.
They did turn out pretty cute and I got some compliments on them  Next is a photo of the girl who's shower it was and the two of us who gave the shower.
We had 15 at the shower which was about 5 more than I thought we'd have, but everyone who RSVP'd actually came.  It was a lot of fun and a good time was had by all.

2 comments:

  1. Maggie you are always so generous in all you do...this looks like a great display of food yum ! Congrats to the new "mommy and daddy " to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your friend! :D And the baby shower looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. I very much appreciate your time to do so. Have a fabulous day! Hugs!